Thursday, July 23, 2009

God's Revolution

I recently finished a book called "The Irresistible Revolution" by Shane Claiborne. If you've never read it, I encourage you to do so. As for me, having read it, I can honestly say that I will never be the same. I know that's one of those phrases that gets misused and thrown around carelessly, but in all sincerity, I can't go back to Christianity as I have known it heretofore. I simply can not.

You see, God wrecked "my christianity" and is now beginning to replace it with His own. God has begun a revolution inside of me. The pale, sickly Christianity that I have known has been overthrown and my comfortable theories and ideas have been dethroned, making them and myself very uncomfortable. Yet, liberated. Now, instead of living out of my lofty-sounding, insecure explanations about why Jesus didn't mean what he was plainly saying, I simply live by what he said and is saying.
I'm just beginning this new adventure of living under a new government, but the revolution has begun. And I look forward to its fulfillment.

No comments: