Friday, September 26, 2008

This afternoon, the Lord spoke this word to me: "My resurrection life can only be experienced through the Cross."

I have oftentimes seen these events as two separate experiences; i.e., having experienced the Cross, I now live experiencing His resurrection life. Hardships, afflictions, and difficulties were simply the way I "discovered" what I possessed.
Once again, I had forgotten a fundamental truth that directly affects ALL of life: the Cross is the only way that resurrection life can be experienced. You cannot have one without the other; they are an inseparable whole.

"We are always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. For we who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh" (2 Cor. 4:10-11).

"Being found in appearance as a man, He [Christ] humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore, God also highly exalted Him..." (Phil. 2:8-9).

"I am crucified [present tense] with Christ; nevertheless I live, yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" (Gal. 2:20, KJV).

If I do not embrace the Cross, I need not expect resurrection. I'm not speaking of a future event. I'm talking about the daily, here-and-now experience of His death-conquering, resurrection life. I cannot have one without the other.

May we all embrace His Cross and set our hearts on the joy set before us - and there is JOY set before us, in abundance!

No comments: